Amd hd 8280
Amd hd 8280.
Battery that charges to 90% capacity in less than 5 minutes…
…while having a lifespan of more than 10 years. Sounds like fantasy? Nevertheless, Toshiba has promised to begin serial production of such batteries for industrial use as early as March next year.
The innovative devices, dubbed SCiB (Super Charge ion Battery), are based on lithium-ion technology and were announced in March 2021. In order to achieve the high SCiB parameters, Toshiba used new cathode material, new electrolyte and separators, and new production technology.
A standard SCiB battery includes 10 SCiB cells in series with a capacity of 4.2 Ah each, as well as a control module that monitors voltage and temperature and regulates the charge of each cell. Battery nominal voltage – 24 V.
In addition to the main areas of use (electric cars and other industrial equipment, as well as light vehicles with electric motors), SCiB can be used, for example, in UPS and wind farms. It is also planned to use new batteries in hybrid vehicles (after the development of more efficient SCiB-cells). Let’s hope that SCiB for laptops and other portable electronics awaits us in the near future.
The manufacturer estimates that SCiB sales in 2021 will amount to 100 million. yen.
The main advantages of SCiB:
- Increased level of security. New material for cathodes provides a high level of thermal stability, the SCiB structure is resistant to internal short circuits and thermal disturbances.
- Increased service life. After 3000 rapid “charge-discharge” cycles, the battery capacity decreases by less than 10%. In total, the battery can withstand more than 5000 cycles (more than 10 years of operation).
- Fast charge. SCiB characteristics allow charging at 50 A, which makes it possible to charge the battery up to 90% of the nominal capacity in 5 minutes.
- High performance.
- Wide operating temperature range (from -30 ° C).
- SCiB cubicle dimensions: 62 x 95 x 13 mm
- SCiB cell weight: 150 g
- Battery dimensions: 100 x 300 x 45 mm
- SCiB weight: 2000g